View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 03:37 AM
Scully_fan
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOT (View Post)
I have to agree, I was delighted when I saw the results Friday morning, made me wish that I'd stayed up to watch the results come in! Just a pity that the Cons did so well in Scotland, had they not we might now have a Labour minority government with them supported by the Lib Dems and the SNP and maybe the Green Party too. But instead we have a Tory government propped up by a party who received half the votes that the Green Party got. Woo whoo for democracy!!!!! Nice to see young people out there voting, Canterbury wouldn't have happened without them. We were very political at school, something I didn't notice working for 10 years in education so great to see them engaged once again. One thing I've never got is why young people vote tory, as you get older yeah, maybe, but young???????? Only had one canvasser knock on my door, Tory, he asked who'd I'd be voting for, told him I didn't know but it wouldn't be for them.
I think the really sad thing is that, yes the young people did turn up, the turnout increasing from 43% to 72% a phenomenal difference, and YET we've still ended up with the ****tiest potential government, the complete opposite of what we wanted and May is an absolute sell out for doing a deal with the devil. So I can see young people next time just wondering why they should even bother, you know? Hopefully it will spur them on to keep trying for change, but it could go the other way.

And god even knows about the Scots. I guess it was the contingent opposed to another indyref voting for the Tories, but still they've ****ed the rest of us over by doing so. It's just the worst.

Quote:
Like I've been meaning to rewatch all the ones I didn't like when I was younger to see if I like it more now.
I've done that and I think the most eye opening one for me was watching Hunchback of the Notre Dame with an adult eye because omg that is dark. Frollo basically sings about his desire to rape Esmeralda.

Quote:
I loved LK2