View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 10:50 PM
LeytonForEver!
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Brooke was a much better friend after the time skip but it was too little too late for me. PH bonding over Lucas' accident was great. Even the tense scenes (when Haley was too upset to talk to anyone and Peyton respected that and gave her space) were good. I'll forever be bitter about how their friendship was handled in s3 and 4.

Peyton had her selfish moment imo, but the fandom overblows them while trying to minimize and excuse away other characters' selfishness. Especially Brooke's. I always when I see her called selfless because she was very selfish and self-centered, especially in high school. The girl couldn't even control her "but what about me?!? poor me! *pouts/stomps/whines/ cries*" when other ppl were undergoing serious traumas that did not affect her as much or at all.
I agree. PH's friendship should have been worked on more, especially since they both share a deep love for music, that's their link and it should have been made stronger.

On the Brooke side, I think she was kinda immature and selfish in the first 3-4 seasons. I also think she got better in the last part of season 4 and then in season 5 she finally grew up a bit, but she was funny too and gave the show some lightness. I found it really terrible that she threw a party in honor of Keith's death and got mad because Luke was too upset to dance and stuff.

Not saying Peyton is perfect or anything, she also has flaws, but I guess she was more sensitive throughout the whole seasons, and when she was a bit more selfish than usual it was after a bloody long time of sadness and tears, so let the girl be selfish for once!