View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 12:27 PM
majesdane
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don't care for that one at all. Anything 2D made after 1999 is crap.
gtfo.

Quote:
Have you ever seen the Black Cauldron? because holy sheez that is scary af.
the black cauldron was based off the high fantasy ya/children's series, the prydain chronicles, and they're my favorite childhood books!! true story, JKR loves them too and she said they inspired her a lot (which if you've read TPC and HP, you can totally see it). i assure you that not only did disney absolutely mutilate the story by condescending the complex plots of 5 books into one film, but it's not even 1/4 as dark as the original children's books. like the horned king, in the books, is just a super powerful warrior dude who wears a human skull (with mounted deer antlers) as a mask and he wears no sleeves on his shirt/armor so people can see that they're permanently stained with blood from slaughtering innocent people. and that's just the tip of the iceberg, because he dies in the 1st book! so i don't find the disney movie scary at all.

fun fact, too, disney actually wanted to make TBC be a PG13/R rated movie, originally!

not to nerd out, but like i said, the books are my FAVE and i even have a huge tribute tattoo to them.

Quote:
Anthem.
Quote:
Thirding this, that song is so emotional it guts me & every time I hear it I think of Mulan.
mulan is my #1 favorite disney movie ever. i love this song.

Quote:
See when you say it like that it makes sense, but watching the movie I just do not get that message. I feel like it focuses too much on the flop romance, stupid Olaf and getting from one musical number to the next, and the plot takes a massive backseat.
IMHO disney used to be really great about putting clear messages in their movies, but now they get super muddled. that's why i liked moana -- the point of the movie was clear.
S T A R D U S T

Last edited by majesdane; 06-10-2017 at 12:36 PM