View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 11:59 AM
SRBleyton4ever
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Have you ever seen the Black Cauldron? because holy sheez that is scary af.
Yep, watched it once and never again. Idk who at Disney thought that movies like that & Bambi were suitable for kids, but I think I should've given them my therapists bill

Quote:
mulan's "reflection" T B H.
Anthem.
Thirding this, that song is so emotional it guts me & every time I hear it I think of Mulan. Plus I had to sing it quite a few times at Theatre School as part of our musical section, and I hit them high notes like a boss

Quote:
She was afraid that if her secret came out she'd be persecuted for being different, for being a "monster" on top of the fact that she couldn't control her powers and her anxiety over almost killing her sister as a child snowballed into a complex. It's a great analogy for being people suffering with anxiety and trauma in rl imo as someone who has an anxiety disorder. It's a good subject for disney to tackle.
See when you say it like that it makes sense, but watching the movie I just do not get that message. I feel like it focuses too much on the flop romance, stupid Olaf and getting from one musical number to the next, and the plot takes a massive backseat.