View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 10:00 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Oh, PodMom I am SO soooo sorry about your poor suffering sister. She didn't get the help she needed and she reached the end of her rope. She is out of pain now, but so unfair and so sad. And so painful for everyone left behind.

Yes, they have clamped down on pain meds because of the opioid crisis and people overdosing left and right, and doctors did give out way too many pain pills for every minor thing in the past, which got people in trouble -- but that shouldn't apply to people who are in terrible PAIN and need medication!

I know your faith and your family will lift you up and help you in this time of sadness. So glad you came back to tell us what was going on! You were missed!

Not sure my work will last until end of November; now that all the emails have stopped and I'm just editing and proofreading and working for Mrs Boss, I think I'll have the next issue done in a month or something. I see why she suggested I cut back my hours but heck no, I don't want to! But might have to. sigh. That would be half as much pay, and have to pay double to keep our health insurance.

My Dad called the other day, he'd had a fall in his kitchen, didn't get hurt, thanks G-d, but couldn't get up. Managed to crawl into the living room and pull himself up into his big chair. Really was a wakeup call for him, how weak he's gotten and he is taking all sorts of practical steps. Ordered a rollator/walker - he's been using a cane, reluctantly. Decided to actually carry the emergency 'fallen and I can't get up' thing in the house (duh), going to get a home health aide/helper with things, seeing his doctor to see about PT or exercises to build up his strength/balance etc. It really shook him up and he realized he is getting to that next stage where he needs more help (and needs to stop being so stubborn). Oh and he's looking into getting groceries online/delivered to him, so he won't have to drive to the market and walk around there and drive back and have to carry stuff in the house, etc. I'm so lucky he's so sharp and such a practical/sensible person about things. But makes me even more anxious to retire and get down to FL and help look after him (before it's too late)..

Mlette and I went to the ScooperBowl yesterday after work - all you can eat ice cream to benefit the Jimmy Fund/Dana-Farber Cancer institute. Weather finally cleared up for it too; it's been freezing cold here (for June) and raining and dark and damp and gloomy. Sun came out. Yay Of course now it's going to be broiling hot next week! Never the happy medium
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 06-09-2017 at 06:47 AM