View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 12:07 PM
frvs
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Well, DD certainly accepted M&S UST and their growing romantic feelings toward each other quicker than CC. In fact, both DD and GA, being in their characters' brains a lot, accepted what was going on and upped the ante themselves. I find it funny how both of their episodes they wrote, they included total outright shippy scenes between the two of them.

I wouldn't mind a DD written episode, or even GA, as her fiction book series genre is science fiction! DD is still writing his fiction books around the theme of baseball?
I'm not really a MSR fan, but I do appreciate their UST through the first six seasons I wouldn't necessarily want DD (or any writer) to prioritize anything MSR with the upcoming season. I prefer the conspiracy stories, and well-written/plotted MOTW, I don't need MS/UST or MSR to enjoy TXF series I would hope any of the writers involved would approach writing in the same way, don't write to appease fans who want MSR, write to create good episodes.

I don't want GA to write though. I hated her XF ep in season 7, it wasn't even a x-file case, it was sappy and too emo for my tastes. It offered nothing significant to the series as a whole. I tried to read her fiction book, but I couldn't get past the first page, I tried like seven times too! LOL I don't think she's a very good writer, but again JMHO

Today, I'm thinking of watching a Doggett episode, maybe s9's "John Doe" or s8's "Medusa" - one of my really good online BFFs met Robert Patrick in the UK last weekend, and hearing all about it has put me in a John Doggett mood! I love him!