View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:36 PM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Well Wolverine was never supposed to be an ideal guy. He's an anti-hero. He comes from the '70s tradition. In fact, I think the portrayal of him owes a lot to Jack Nicholson's character Bobby Dupea in Five Easy Pieces (1970), who's a very flawed individual. But generally Wolverine's portrayed as a lot more female-friendly on a deeper level than many standard alpha male superheroes.

Hated the Inferno storyline. Apart from Wolverine and Excalibur, the X-books were in a bad period in the late '80s, roughly 1987 (over a year after Jean's return) down to about 1991, when things picked up again. About late '87 was when they had the Fall of the Mutants storyline and the X-Men died and were secretly resurrected and then based themselves in the Australian Outback while the world thought they were dead. Inferno was about a year later.

Jean/Logan was better than Logan/Mariko, but I was never a big fan of either ship in the comics, because I was never very interested in either of those female characters in the comics. It would have been better if they'd stuck him with Yukio, which Yukio would have liked. In more recent comics they put him with Storm. I wish they did that back in the '80s. Also, I liked Tyger Tiger, his lover in Madripoor in Asia in Marvel Comics Presents and his own comic.

Last edited by sum1; 06-01-2017 at 01:15 PM