View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 11:51 AM
BlondieLeigh
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntzmore (View Post)
In the Kyle Bedroom scene, Jess didn't ask Rory if she was ready, he didn't ask her if she was Ok, he didn't respond to her words to wait and then got mad at her. And that is on top of never wanting to do anything she wants to do after making it seem that he would be the type to do things with her. Jess as a love interest was a real piece of work.

I think the way Jess acted in season 6 wasn't shiny and new. He came back showing Rory his book and then got disappointed in her life and mad at her for dating Logan. And he tells he knows her better than anyone -echoing what he said in season 4 when he asks her to leave with him. It's just not becoming him those words. Especially when he hasn't seen her in over a year and didn't see her a lot in season 4. I know fans love that he tells Rory what they want her to hear but Jess should never be used that way. It paints him even more as a potential abuser imo. And Jess has no right to make snap judgments on anyone. He has no right to tell Rory his opinion on her dating Logan. " We used to make fun of Guys like {that}" as if that was a good thing. And then assuming that Rory broke up with Logan when she says she's fixed everything. Jess in season 6 makes my skin crawl more than him asking Rory to run away with him a year after he ran without talking to her.

In the revival, Jess seems nicer but we don't see him in any love interest way except for the look in the window. He's there for Luke which is sweet. And the fact that he was used to tell Rory that her troubles were tempory and to write a book wasn't as bad as him telling her he knows her best of all. The problem was more that Amy&Dan thinking Rory needed a guy to tell her how to fix herself. It wasn't done as icky as in season 6.. Though I still think Jess should never be used that way because he's not there to see Rory at her best since season 2 and a little bit of season 3 And he doesn't stay around to be a friend when she's at her lowest either. He's a fleeting visitor who knew her back when the audience thinks she was at her best - season 2. I don't like him being used in that role because of their history and Rory needed to come up with her own passion and book subject.
Agree with this

Leigh Tumblr