View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 05:18 AM
Erinღ
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by imane111 (View Post)
Seriously I don't get how anyone could ship Delena or Stelena after season 3. Both abused her and both were unredeemable. Elena, with all her flaws, deserved better than both brothers
Imane, you aren't the first person with this opinion, I too have been open to the idea of Elena finding herself in the end and leaving things open ended where we as an audience can make up our own minds about who ends up with who However I like it best that a brother was chosen because it made sense with all of the good, bad and the ugly that she cared for them immensely. Also unfortunately, this thread isn't the right place to voice this since this thread is dedicated to those who loved and/or adored SE. I think if you had a more "grey area" opinion on SE then an interesting discussion can be sparked from this, but you've made it very clear that you don't like Stefan and Elena at all.

What about starting with talking about how you felt about SE before season 3 happened? Did you ship them at all or did you only get a "better off as friends" vibe? And if you can explain while being respectful and keeping in mind that we're in SE territory, what moment or event ruined them for you? You aren't obligated to answer these questions of course but I'd love to get you included if there was a time where you enjoyed SE.

Also if you'd like to discuss the dynamic between the Elena/Stefan/Damon we do have a thread for them as well

Coming from my perspective, as far as the abuse aspects in this show: they do not bother me quite as much as real life abusive relationships. I feel like we have to remember that this show was about vampires, so their world is much more different, darker, and so to enjoy it we have to suspend our disbelief. At least this it's my method

Last edited by Erinღ; 05-26-2017 at 05:42 AM