View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:20 PM
kerbear28
Fan Forum Hero

Frary may not have anything to do with it for you, but where Mary and her romantic prospects are concerned, they will always be a part of it for me. I know it's unfair to compare any other man to Francis (or any other relationship to Frary), but I can't help it. I'm trying so hard to like Bothwell, I really am. But I look at him and ask myself if this is really the "love" that Francis prayed that Mary would find. Ugh. As loyal, dashing, and romantic as the man appears to be... I still don't trust it. And then I think about his real-life counterpart, and the idea of watching Mary swoon and give her heart to him makes me nauseated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDoneAbusingYou (View Post)
It's so bad I'm actually team Darnley. I almost hope they make Bothwell a dirtbag just so i can stop trying to like him.
Same. I suppose I can admit that I'm "Team Darnley" too. What can I say? I love the guy. I think the character (and his relationship with Mary) is so complex and intriguing - including shades of the real life Darnley's flaws. Bothwell, on the other hand, is being played as a straight romantic hero, which just doesn't ring TRUE for me. Perhaps the development they show for his character in the next couple episodes will change my opinion.

Regardless, Adam is fantastic.

Aww a father/son fan art.