View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Erika_Weasley
Part-Time Fan

Talking about cutting scenes, this is a scripted and filmed scene from PoA that was cut eventually.

Quote:
Hagrid: Good. Now then. Ron, I wan’ ter see you give Hermione a hug.
Hermione/Ron: What!
Hagrid: Go on! You two’ve been at it all year. An’ I’m sick o’ it.
Acutely uncomfortable, Hermione and Ron step forward and perform perhaps the most awkward hug Hogwarts has ever seen.

Hagrid: Crikey, tha’s jus’ abou’ the most pathetic hug I e'er seen. But yeh did it, an’ tha’s wha’ matters.

….

As Buckbeak feasts on a ferret, Harry and Hermione duck behind a pile of pumpkins. Peering into the hut, Harry sees Hermione and Ron embrace awkwardly.
He grins, turns, only to find Hermione analyzing the moment with considerable fascination. Caught – regards Harry defensively.
Hermione: What?
Harry: Nothing.
you can find the script here

and this is what Robbie Coltrane said about this scene

Quote:
The playful and awkward flirtation was played up even more in another scene that wound up on the cutting-room floor. The scene was meant to come after a frightening one involving several wizards who turn into animals and fight each other. Once the drama is resolved and everyone has a chance to breathe, the friendly Hogwarts magical creatures professor, Hagrid, teasingly suggests that Hermione and Ron “have a great big, good hug.” “At first, they’re like, ‘ick,’” recalls Robbie Coltrane (news), who plays Hagrid. “But they do hug - sort of awkwardly, at first - and then there’s one wee, melty moment when they do get really close. "You’ll love it when you see it on the DVD.
I guess there was no room for the DVD either