View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I want to re-watch all 3 seasons too. It's been a while for me.

I'm a huge M/M shipper and I got really upset at how their story came to be, especially in S3. I felt that entire season was written haphazardly cause the writers knew it was the last season.
I think they wanted to save it. They moved to the UPN for Season 3 after the first on WB, so they wanted to drive something new to grab new viewers but some of their plots alienated true fans of the show and the move to UPN already made it harder to watch given UPN had a smaller viewership.

Like at the beginning of Season 2, they were trying to get new viewers, and then they just gave up and worked on stories that made sense for the group they had. Like Liz realization being saved by Max gave her powers that were actually exhibiting. And whether she can handle the chaos after three seasons of it if she wanted Max in her life. Or should try for the normal life she could have had if she hadn't been shot in Season 1. But she had been changed to much, physically, emotionally and just by growing up from age 15 to 18.

At a certain point they knew they needed a miracle to continue to a Season 4. I believe it around Christmas time that UPN cut the episode order from 22 to 18/19. And then by the time the "Changes" arc was airing with Liz in boarding school, the show was officially cancelled but they were trying to find a miracle and that is why they left some threads one and put the gang on the road instead a complete happy ending...

Oh the show had flaws, no doubt. And Maria and Michael were all over the place in Season 3 but I also spin that LOL as simply growing up. Michael had picked Earth and Maria in "Departure" and now had to face life on Earth. And Maria panicked and had doubts, and it took awhile for her to figure out what she wanted. Especially as they faced graduation from high school. She wasn't in the alien pod squad because of being saved. She could leave anytime. But she loved Michael. It was hard time. And especially as she had dreams, but found she wasn't ready to compromise to gain that life. And so what did they want...

I could have seen Michael and Isabel. But I think they found that too weird to do since basically Isabel and Michael had come to be like siblings since they came out of the pods. It was easier to attempt Max and Tess because Tess was new, and Max was "King" and the leader...

Because the Season 3 episode count was cut. The season could have been stronger but they had to make do with what they had... I loved the season, but I can see why it doesn't have many fans...

I had more issues with Season 2 even though it's more watchable and a thrill to watch all these years later.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote