View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 06:51 AM
FireQueen
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
even without spoilers when i was detached from the internet during the earlier part of the season, etc... i never once believed she was actually dying which in some way kind of ruined the villain. since that was the big thing that the villain was after and knowing it wasn't going to happen.... it was hard for me to take savitar too seriously and also because he was so poorly developed. those two things just kind of made me feel very meh about savitar...
I understand but even without spoilers you are not a part of the general audience. Most viewers don't know the comics nor have any idea of which characters are popular with the fandom/the showrunners. I don't need spoilers to know that Cisco and Caitlin will never die because I have come to understand how the show operates. That is not true for other viewers. They probably watched the whole thing wondering if the hero of the show would succeed in saving his love. Alas, Barry failed.

Your feelings are absolutely valid Sadly, the writers can't please everyone. They definitely didn't please me either with some of their choices. The show has always had a pacing problem and this season was no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
though they panned him off as it... and that's what made the future flash comics so interesting and unique was the fact that at the end you had the villain win and had the chance to rewrite history - at least for a time.
Please, help me out here. With "rewriting history" you mean another Flashpoint-like situation?