View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 12:56 PM
keepsmiling7
Total Fan

Home again......the two graduations were great. At the first gathering my son and daughter got together and decided that I should not be doing the 6 hour alone the next day with hubby since he has been falling so much lately. So my daughter came from Cypress and drove with us. There are great one hour flights, but it is even more difficult to fly with hubby than drive. We have lots of medical stuff to take along.

My daughter said she enjoyed seeing some of the family members she hadn't plan to, but of course I felt bad because she had a house full of company from her son's graduation, she has health issues herself and a husband with pancreatic cancer.

The first graduation was my grandson's. He is an honor grad in economics and will be heading to DC for a two year program at the Federal Reserve. After that he will continue with grad school to get his masters/PHD. Our granddaughter got her masters and is off to continue sports training at the university level. She's the outstanding athlete of the family.

The second graduation started out very tense. It had been awkward for my step-daughter with all of her exes family at first. Her former mother-in-law always blamed Julie for the divorce. But we hope this is a new start for all as they are a very nice family.