View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, new thread! Sorry that took me a bit. I fixed up a broken gif link, updated names to reflect name changes on the list and on the testimonials, removed a couple future thread titles that were on there twice, and added "The Head & The Heart" back into the title.

Oh, and my Internet was being crappy, which it always is during the summer, so here we go: MY INTERENET! (You'll see me posting that a lot this summer, I predict.)

Title's kind of based on how I interpreted the gun scene, to be honest. Should we update the Scene of the Moment to be that scene?

Also, random, but is the eye sex survivor still going on, Alexa?

Oh, when I was changing names in the testimonials, guess what I noticed in my own damn testimonial?

Quote:
I ship Bellarke because their relationship transcends romance.
Okay, either Bob has read my testimonial, or he and I are kindred spirits or something, because he literally said this exact same thing at the Calgary Expo! I mean, I'm thinking we're obviously kindred spirits. Obviously.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasskit (View Post)
Bob thoughts on Bellarke from OttawaComicCon:

This is going to sound really weird coming from the person who actually put "Sex" on the wishlist but I agree with Bob here, and it reminded me of something I meant to bring up a few days ago but didn't.

I think one of the reasons why I haven't felt disappointed by the pace of the Bellarke stuff this season is that . . . at the end of season three, I just felt like Bellamy was still so lost. He really had forgotten who he was, who he could be, but not who he wanted to be. This season, we've seen him take so many steps towards becoming who he wants to be (and truly is deep down) again.

I think it's really, really important to know yourself and have a healthy amount of love for yourself before you can truly offer that to someone else. And while I don't think Bellamy will ever overcome some of the negative views he has of himself, I do think he's proving to himself and to others that he can be better than he was in the past. That's so important, and it's important that all this growth is rooted within him as an individual, not within Clarke or Octavia or anyone else. Now Clarke and Bellamy obviously have given so much love to each other as their relationship has grown, but the kind of love we're talking about is obviously a step they haven't taken (yet), probably due in part to their negative self-concepts.

Steph kind of mentioned this in the last thread, too, but in this journey of knowing yourself and loving yourself, I think Bellamy and Clarke have both struggled, but he's moved ahead of her this season. Given the events of the last two episodes, one can definitely argue that Clarke has even regressed, as many of us have even pointed out here and in the Clarke thread how lost she looks and how she doesn't even seem to recognize herself. So interestingly enough, I think that what Bob's saying here actually applies quite a bit to Clarke, too, probably even more so to her (right now) than to Bellamy. But it still applies to Bellamy, too, because it's an ongoing process. Always.

Clarke and Bellamy have both had some very intriguing storylines as individuals this season, storylines that exist both independently but also overlap with each other.

Anyway, what Bob said reminded me to bring that up, the idea that Bellamy has really moved ahead of Clarke this season, how it's important for him to have the moments of self-growth that he's having right now and important for her to have that someday, too.

lol @ Bob saying he felt like a politician.

I can't believe I wrote this all while nearly falling asleep at my computer.

I'm gonna head to bed soon, but I'm bringing this over so I don't forget to read it tomorrow when I'm more awake: http://www.fanforum.com/90142149-post292.html
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 05-12-2017 at 10:52 PM