View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 06:10 AM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplerose82 (View Post)
Hi, Alex! Sorry I've been MIA. This past weekend has been crazy. Things are starting to calm down now. I hope you are feeling better now.

Yeah they did have a lot of episodes with twists and at times not revisiting it making people question what they were trying to get at. I'm on season 7 of Friends and noticing a lot of similarities. I always knew they were there but didn't realize there are so much! The marriage pact, ending a relationship because of being friends with an ex, being left at the alter etc. Ted and Robin are still my favorite couple tho

A proposal would have been nice..we saw him propose to other women and her get engaged twice so I wanted to see it after they ended up together but yes more buildup would have been helpful..most of the hints were at the beginning of the show
Hi, Amber! It's okay, I know real life happens. Glad to see you!

Yeah, you've noticed that Friends had a lot of the same problems, huh? I really hated how thrown together and contrived the whole Rachel-Joey thing was. It's like, why bother? By then you know that Ross and Rachel are gonna be endgame, so where are you going with this? It's the same with Ted and Robin. Why the writers felt they had to revisit that other relationship that ended back in season 5 I don't know. It was probably the thing that angered viewers the most, no matter which side you were on.

Oh, and the whole wedding thing? Yeah, the Ross-Emily thing, where he says Rachel's name, and then Robin asks Ted to run off with her on the day of her wedding. Very original, guys.

I think it's stupid that after all that waiting and everything Ted and Robin went through that they left their future ambiguous. They could get married, or they could end up like Kurt and Goldie, as an unmarried couple. Who knows?