View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 03:52 AM
FireQueen
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51
depending on how they explain it, this is true. what i mean is, you're right, but if he's a time remnant or some kind of flash point consequence that is more paradox than reality... then its not quite as much in some ways.

now if he really is future barry or just from a different time line, etc... then that's different and you're absolutely right.

and while it will be an issue for me, i was just talking abut an issue with the show. if they drop it and never address it after the finale... i'm not sure they will see it as said story line. how many story lines or potential story lines have there been that have existed because of something and then they just put them in the closet and tried to pretend it never existed?
For me nothing would change. It's still a Barry. I could have been more accepting of it if Savitar was from another Earth or, as you suggested, Malcolm Thawne. Alas, he's not.

They can pretend it was never there and they probably will. I won't forget though. I didn't do it with any of the storylines they've written, whether good or bad. This sounds like the worst of them all.

Quote:
i'm a little confused. so if iris' evil future came back and killed barry.. do you mean that you could see them killing savi-iris off or iris iris off? because we talked about potentially the need to kill savibarry... so i'm a little confused as to who you mean would get killed off.
Killing Iris-Iris off. She could have pulled a Eddie and commit suicide so she wouldn't turn into Savi-Iris and/or create her. I mean, they could potentially suggest the same with Barry but since he's the protagonist he'd be talked out of it or saved by the Speed Force.

A while ago I read a spoiler that stated that Barry would do anything to save Iris, including sacrificing his own life. Maybe he'll do it to prevent Savitar's creation?

Quote:
so try to sum it up.. i'd make it a process. not something that was over in 2-3 episodes. use each character pov. have really strong emotional scenes that both candice and grant can deliver.
Okay. They can do it but it'll be over in one episode and with not enough PoV on Iris' part. I'm not against the idea of Iris telling Barry that she believes in him, that he's not Savitar, that she trusts him with her life, etc. because that would be in character but if that's all she gets...

I doubt they'd want to drag it out because in your scenario they wouldn't break up anyway so why spend half a season on it?

At the end of S1 Eddie and Ronnie died. Iris didn't mourn at all and Caitlin moved on with fake Jay after the premiere. That's how they roll. One tearful conversation is all one could hope for.

Quote:
i kill iris because that's what destroys / cripples me and possibly ensures my existence and i needed killer frost instead of caitlain because with her and iris both gone the team falls apart and everything goes to hel without the girls. for all the bro moments and the man pain and pep talks, etc... you take the girls away and everything goes to ****.
Yeah. This is one of the reasons why I hated 3x19. The happy future Team Flash had no women. That and the way the show portrayed Joe/Barry vs Joe/Wally. I should probably go back posting in the rant thread

About the time remnant theory...it's most likely correct. The show stressed the fact that Barry created time remnants of himself to save Iris but Savitar killed them all, mostly. According to the theory, the time remnant was created to die for Iris but he did not, Savitar spared him to ensure his existence. The time remnant went crazy because he had all of Barry's memories but no tether/home and turned into Savitar. And honestly this theory would have worked even though Savitar had killed someone else. Wouldn't Barry create time remnants of himself if Savitar had threatened to kill Joe or Cisco too? I believe he would. My question is did the show pick Iris for a reason or they did it just to be mean and cruel and have the image of a Barry killing Iris? It'd better be the former!

The fact is that it'd be quite easy to get rid of SaviBarry if he were a time remnant. All Barry has to do is break the loop and NOT create time remnants to save Iris. This way SaviBarry ceases to exist, right? My head hurts again.

Quote:
Does Savitar’s identity on The Flash connect to that message future Barry left before the Invasion crossover? — Marcel
Yes, the message left by a future Barry cautioning Rip Hunter against trusting anyone in the future, including himself, does tie into the reveal that Savitar is future Barry Allen. In fact, that particular point will be addressed very soon. “Someone does point out that suddenly that message makes a lot of sense,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says.
Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'The Flash,' 'Scandal,' 'American Gods' and more