View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 08:24 AM
bonnie51
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Even if they don't address it it's still a storyline that exists. That's my point. It's not a bad dream. It's a reality. Out there there is a real timeline where a Barry is willing to murder Iris.
depending on how they explain it, this is true. what i mean is, you're right, but if he's a time remnant or some kind of flash point consequence that is more paradox than reality... then its not quite as much in some ways.

now if he really is future barry or just from a different time line, etc... then that's different and you're absolutely right.

and while it will be an issue for me, i was just talking abut an issue with the show. if they drop it and never address it after the finale... i'm not sure they will see it as said story line. how many story lines or potential story lines have there been that have existed because of something and then they just put them in the closet and tried to pretend it never existed?

Quote:
These are the same characters that have been portrayed as being in love in multiple timelines and on two Earths. Now the show has added a timeline where Barry is so far gone that he stabs Iris through the heart. As a fan, I'm hurt.
i understand. it was certainly an odd choice imo... as just a comic fan, even if geting use to the idea of barry killing iris was possible... the overall use of the characters in the story bugs me. if they wanted it to be future barry, just call him the future flash and leave savitar out of it....

again, if it were me... i would have done malcolm thawne. that way they can do what apparently they decided to do - have an image of barry killing iris - and still protect the love story that they did develop over the first two seasons and multiple earths by having it not actually be barry that kills her but rather his twin. and his motivation for doing such would actually be straight forward, etc... and wouldn't have our heads hurting from trying to figure our how this works and why.

Quote:
The only way to soften this blow is giving SaviBarry a strong motive. Something like killing Iris is necessary because SaviBarry wants power, needs to access his darkness and since Iris is his love and his light he must get rid of her. Her love is what saves him and he doesn't want salvation. For me, something like that would work. It wouldn't make things right but it would make sense and protect the love story at its core.
it would and that might be what they're doing? the one issue is they've done so little to savibarry as a character that i don't know if whatever motivation they give him is going to really work for me. even with that... there was no kind of march towards that reveal, etc...

as random as zoom's arc was at times, we had some clear motivation - at least in terms of his dying, etc. savibarry... not so much. we know why he hates barry, ok. and apparently needs to kill iris. and apparently needs something from killer frost... but we're at 3x21... it kind of looks like a fillerish episode that might not give us much more than the motivation - which is good - but the character of savitar is so weak that idk... i wish we had 5 episodes or so where we could see savibarry some flash backs or character development or something, etc. because without any real development, depending on what the motivation or motivations is or are... its kind of like in some ways they threw crap a the wall and it kind of stuck so they went with it.

Quote:
I agree that we need Iris' PoV etc. but the show can never address this properly because Barry is the main character. If it were the other way around and Iris were Savitar and she murdered Barry I could see the show killing her off. They obviously can't do the same with the protagonist.
i'm a little confused. so if iris' evil future came back and killed barry.. do you mean that you could see them killing savi-iris off or iris iris off? because we talked about potentially the need to kill savibarry... so i'm a little confused as to who you mean would get killed off.

as for her POV... that's true. but they have time for 8,000 bro talks so there is time that they could use....

and god help me, i'm sure barry at least will try to give savibarry a pep talk. who knows, maybe iris too. god help me... they should just call the show "peptalk"

Quote:
How do you want them do address it? Do you want Iris to break up with him? Do you want her to tell Barry that she never wants to see him again because she's scared of the person he may become? And then what happens? The show goes on and they act like Barry wouldn't be able to do the same to anyone else? Because that would be half-assing it.
that's a hard question to answer because i don't think they will address it.

but in trying to answer your question... i would say there should be some strain for a handful of episodes, lets say, 5-6? at most 4A. maybe not a break up...but there's a noticeable distance at times where - this would be from Iris pov etc as well - where they can still be together and still live together maybe etc...

and i'm not talking fighting, but just...unsure? tentative? and there are really good conversation moments where its covered, and maybe with wally, joe, maybe jay comes back and has a pearl of wisdom, etc... idk.

and then since they've developed the story thus far, maybe then you say around the winter break etc. maybe it ties into joe's speech about it all being about love, etc... and they start coming back together, gradually, slowly, and its a screw the future, i know you, and no matter what happens this is where i'm supposed to be, etc..

again, not big blow up fights although maybe someone leaves in a huff, etc... but just more.. awkwardness with discussion, both of their pov's, etc... make it a journey, where its not fine right away, its not okay, right away, make it a real issue they have to work thru.

if they were ever going to have them break up - and i have serious doubts about that as well given how they have written them / the story -the only way iMO it works is a boring one, that happens to millions of people every year, some of them who feel like they've found their one soul mate. they grow apart. there's no cheating, no other man / woman, no abuse, certainly no one of them killing the other one in the future. and then maybe after that you bring in different love interests but certainly only after and not before.

so try to sum it up.. i'd make it a process. not something that was over in 2-3 episodes. use each character pov. have really strong emotional scenes that both candice and grant can deliver. and its a horrible idea if this is why they break up because it is about as lazy as you can get. because even if i'm not a huge fan of WA on the show...the idea of barry killing iris, married or not, together or not, is not something i can get my mind around. she was always going to be right there with him, whether together romantically or not, so this.. is just... meh and ugh at the same time.

Quote:

The moment the showrunners decided to make Barry Savitar they wrote themselves into a corner. They definitely can't pursue this narrative that Barry is inherently capable of such evil. I mean, look at them shielding a secondary character like Caitlin by making Killer Frost this evil alternate persona that has possessed her body.
they did, somewhat, yes. and while the idea of it being the future flash and not savitar makes more sense...unless the explanation is really awesome, i don't buy barry wanting to hurt / kill iris. ever.

future flash was dark, and he was twisted and he did murder people and kill off or attempt to at least himself and wally...so i guess technically it works. but then you have to have a really great explanation and i do worry about that. it has to be a home run and even then, idk.

because i'm just having a hard time trying to understand what in the hell he needs to kill iris for and then turn around needs kf for... are they related? are they not? we know its not for her to kill iris because he does that and ... oh, gawd, my head hurts again.

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand this. Are you upset that the writers developed the love story they had set up in the previous season instead of dropping it altogether or do you feel like the characters didn't have much outside of the love story? I'm talking about Wally/Jesse which is a ship I thought you liked.
basically the later, and yes, i do like them together. i wouldn't mind seeing a little more of them but then again that means less of something else so that's not a pressing issue right now for me., especially since we don't see that much of jessie - and maybe that's part of it, i don't know - but i guess i'd like to see more of their development. due to time constraints i understand why we don't - however i just feel like sometimes they use it as a cheap reason they aren't in the episode - ala wally last episode was off to see jessie.

i understand why that happens - budget, time, both, etc. - but if you're going to take the time to put a relationship - i'd like to see more of it on screen rather than off screen. again, i don't know how to manage that given the crowded board at the moment. just speaking on personel preference. i love their adorkableness and awkwardness they've had times and with everyone being gloomy... it would have been a nice break instead of always just having hr's jokes.

Quote:
We're opposite because I have yet to find the strength to watch 3x20, I hated 3x19 and 3x18 was a big fat meh.
yeah, the only episodes i've really loathed this season were the gorilla ones... there have been a couple others that have come close but those two...

and to be honest, i'm not sure if i'm looking foward to this one. i don't trust them with what savibarry needs, why he needs it, what he has do, etc...

at this point in time this should be the explanation:

i kill iris because that's what destroys / cripples me and possibly ensures my existence and i needed killer frost instead of caitlain because with her and iris both gone the team falls apart and everything goes to hel without the girls. for all the bro moments and the man pain and pep talks, etc... you take the girls away and everything goes to ****.

Quote:

It's possible they've burned through plots pretty quickly. I mean, they've been rehashing certain arcs since S2.
yeah and its the combining of villains. reverse flash was basically himself but then we had zoom who was a combination of people and this one ...oh god. he's the future flash, he's not savitar. he's not indian, we shouldn't be dealing with this philospher's stone BS...

Quote:

Definitely. I want Julian to stay because I love the actor but the character has been wasted. I never wanted him to join STAR Labs and of course that is what happened because God forbid someone has stuff to do outside of STAR Labs
at this point the only way this works is that evil wells had to have some serious $$$$$ patents out there or they've sold off a bunch of tech because none of them do a damn thing

joe does... but come , detectives don't make that much lol... i mean what, when they bust meta humans do they hustle them out of their money?

i like the actor. i always disliked the character because i saw from day one what he would become ie caitlain's seasonal love interest would be a big part of his story line.