View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 04:21 AM
FireQueen
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
i would 100% agree with you that it wouldn't be meaningless IF... the show actually addressed it and the potential fall out from it.
Even if they don't address it it's still a storyline that exists. That's my point. It's not a bad dream. It's a reality. Out there there is a real timeline where a Barry is willing to murder Iris.

These are the same characters that have been portrayed as being in love in multiple timelines and on two Earths. Now the show has added a timeline where Barry is so far gone that he stabs Iris through the heart. As a fan, I'm hurt.

The only way to soften this blow is giving SaviBarry a strong motive. Something like killing Iris is necessary because SaviBarry wants power, needs to access his darkness and since Iris is his love and his light he must get rid of her. Her love is what saves him and he doesn't want salvation. For me, something like that would work. It wouldn't make things right but it would make sense and protect the love story at its core.

I agree that we need Iris' PoV etc. but the show can never address this properly because Barry is the main character. If it were the other way around and Iris were Savitar and she murdered Barry I could see the show killing her off. They obviously can't do the same with the protagonist.

How do you want them do address it? Do you want Iris to break up with him? Do you want her to tell Barry that she never wants to see him again because she's scared of the person he may become? And then what happens? The show goes on and they act like Barry wouldn't be able to do the same to anyone else? Because that would be half-assing it.

The moment the showrunners decided to make Barry Savitar they wrote themselves into a corner. They definitely can't pursue this narrative that Barry is inherently capable of such evil. I mean, look at them shielding a secondary character like Caitlin by making Killer Frost this evil alternate persona that has possessed her body.

Quote:
yeah, but again, it was the logical progression. i don't want to be surprised every episode or with every character but i do like feeling like i'm not moving in a straight line. sometimes its okay to take the scenic tour or the back way.
Sorry, I don't understand this. Are you upset that the writers developed the love story they had set up in the previous season instead of dropping it altogether or do you feel like the characters didn't have much outside of the love story? I'm talking about Wally/Jesse which is a ship I thought you liked.

Quote:
it just feels like there will be less substantial moments than season one or two.
that doesn't make it bad, entirely. it just makes me feel a little weird, idk. its just how i feel. still have really enjoyed the last few episodes but with the end so close i am a tad off put / puzzled, i guess.
We're opposite because I have yet to find the strength to watch 3x20, I hated 3x19 and 3x18 was a big fat meh.

It's possible they've burned through plots pretty quickly. I mean, they've been rehashing certain arcs since S2.

Quote:
i also think some of its too man characters....
Definitely. I want Julian to stay because I love the actor but the character has been wasted. I never wanted him to join STAR Labs and of course that is what happened because God forbid someone has stuff to do outside of STAR Labs