View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 10:06 PM
tanaja
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Thanks for the add! It baffles me how so many people can support an abusive boyfriend? But that might be a sign of how numb society has become towards abusive, unhealthy personalities? And for those people who say "oh, that's when he was a kid, he's grown out of it now", I'll tell you that in my experience, people like that NEVER grow out of it, it just manifests in different ways.
No, no, no. . Just a moment! Just a moment!
It was definitively NOT an abusive relationship, because network didn't recognize it as an abusive. Network has advertised Jess and Rory a lot. At times it seemed, that they were officially "team Jess". Do you really think, that they would ship an abusive relationship? Absolutely not.

Jess was a "bad boy" as teenager and he has made many stupid things. His behavior at Lane's party was very bad. What he did, was almost on the border, but he has stopped after a few seconds (if that is an excuse).
But try to understand Jess too. He was raised by single (drug addict (?)) mother. He had no stability, no support, he didn't know how to communicate.
Amy says, that Jess is much better as an adult. Then he is. Many wild teenagers turn into boring adults.

I am also suspicious about Jess/Rory future, because their relationship might bring too much pain to both of them, and Rory and Jess could be happier with other people (I would really like to discuss in the future how much Rory has changed and moved further away from Jess).
But I really love Jess. His connection with Luke is special, and his transformation is one of great parts of the series. Besides, Logan and Dean have their share of mistakes (for example, they are both cheaters) too.

As for an article, there are some inconsistencies. The car crash was an accident, Dean probably hurt Lindsey much more, than Jess hurt Shane (although Jess wasn't quite "a perfect boyfriend" to Shane), Rory missed her mother's graduation because SHE was being selfish, etc. Well, yeah, he did some foolish things.

Btw, I am a fan of Logan and of Jess.

Last edited by tanaja; 05-07-2017 at 07:33 AM