View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, I'm gonna try to answer more of your post, Gwen.
As you should!

Quote:
So you think Cesare was more frustrated when Lucrezia was marrying Alfonso instead of Giovanni Sforza? Well, Cesare definitely had ways of dealing with both men, didn't he?
I think it was a different kind of frusration.

Season 1 was an unconditional, yet possessive type of love that Cesare expressed for Lucrezia. The incest was still sub-text instead of literal. Therefore, when she married Giovanni, we saw Cesare be forced to deal with it but hide his pain.

With Alfonso, we definitely saw the green-eyed monster in Cesare emerge Sexual jealousy at its strongest!

Season 3 had the guts to finally explore the C/L incest, and therefore, Cesare was a lot less careful about revealing his true feelings for Lucrezia. In fact, many times in that season (particularly in Siblings and The Gunpowder Plot), Cesare more or less warned Alfonso that he will always be the loser where this love triangle is concerned. He's more emphatic about his love for Lucrezia in a much more erotic way -

Seriously, how did Rodrigo not sense the romantic tension between C/L?

Quote:
Neither of them were worthy of her in Cesare's eyes.
That's because he was the only one worthy of her and the only one she really loved

"Only a Borgia can truly love a Borgia"
"I shall never love a husband as I love you, Cesare"
"If I married a thousand times, it would never be to the right man"
"The only thing that never tires me is you"

Lucrezias's words, not mine.

Quote:
And it is sad that Cesare probably would be Lucrezia's perfect spouse if they weren't already siblings.
As Arinna just said, Lucrezia saw Cesare as her true husband.

Plus, let's be brutally honest here ~ Cesare's the only one in that marriage who brought her to orgasm.

And unlike Alfonso, Cesare didn't need to get drunk to have sex with her.

"God is in the room with us.... One touch of your hand, and God comes rushing back"

Even Rodrigo picked up on it: "there she is, the blushing bride" ... Oh boy, that scene... You know, for a moment, I thought they were going to have Rodrigo sense the sexual tension between Cesare and Lucrezia.

AWKWARD MORNING-AFTER TENSION!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen