View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 PM
livstevi21
Fan Forum Hero

Birth ~ Crazy upsetting episode. So, we finally almost know the full story of what really happened in Camelot. Things just got seriously more complicated than ever! So, to save Killian, Emma used the sword to change him into another Dark One! And they’re both Dark Ones? So how come Killian is his normal self back in Storybrooke? I know Emma erased his memories, but how could he have returned to normal? And there’s something else that happened….oh it gets worse!? If only Killian didn’t receive that tiny scratch from the sword, none of this would have happened…also I can't quite understand how there were no signs leading to Killian also being a DO, no change in behaviour, despite the memory loss...really confused here.

DO Emma speeding up Zelena’s pregnancy to the point where she gives birth….I wasn’t exactly expecting that. Zelena in labour was kind of hilarious. Everyone thinking Emma wants the baby but it’s actually Zelena she wants. Poor Regina, I wasn’t thinking that not only is Robin her true love the father but she’s also the aunt of course! Another complicated mess, as usual.

I like the talk Regina gave Emma before as she was preparing to fix the dagger and Excalibur. She had to get Emma to admit why she was secretly reluctant to give up the dark power.

I actually preferred The Bear King, despite missing Regina and the others terribly. The first 15 minutes or so felt disjointed, the way it jumped from the present time, to that six weeks in Camelot with Arthur and Zelena, to past DunBroch, to a couple of years later...it got a little confusing. But as the episode went on, I began to understand the timeline a little more. Though it's not exactly accurate...

It was great to see Mulan back! I loved that she was there in DunBroch to teach Merida how to fight and they were good friends. That's awesome. And Red! I missed Ruby so much. It was great that they included a scene with Mary and Red in a flashback from when Mary and David were announcing the name of their baby son, so we could find out where Ruby had gone. it made sense that Ruby wanted to go back to the Enchanted Forest to go in search of the rest of her kin, though I was thinking what about Granny? I liked that Ruby helped Mulan find the killer of Merida's dad. I knew it was Arthur. The witch's test for Merida I did not see coming, though I should have. She was so convincing to be evil! Happy to see Merida be Queen. And that last scene with her dad was so sad and sweet at the same time.

Ruby using sleeping powder on Zelena! About time. Shame it didn't last long. Can't wait to see how this ties up with the main plot! I need more explanations with Hook being a DO?!