View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 08:10 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I think a true challenge is pretty hard because it was always clear from Ellen interviews she enjoyed the stable life pattern she leads with GA as the pay is high and work hours can be adjusted every now and then. However , I can relate to Patrick but something must have happened between him and Shonda that lead to such a breakdown.
Ellen definitely loves the flexiable (at times) hours, steady work and great pay. Especially with three small kids... I think everything was coming to head with Patrick. He was famously racing in his free time. Which seemed to be more and more becoming his love, more than Grey's which he was sticking around for the pay. And then at home, he was having some personal issues with his wife that almost ended his marriage. I think ABC and even Shondra finally had a enough of it was got fed up. and finally it was decided to deal with it...

I do think the show wisely hasn't forgotten him, but still time moves on. I miss Derek.

I still have this dream that in the series finale, we'll find out it's all been a dream and Derek has been in a long coma and he wakes up, and reunites with his family and Meredith.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!