View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 08:40 PM
Scottish_Queen
Part-Time Fan

It's not just one mistake though. The breaking of trust with cheating is tough enough to overcome but on top of that he also conspired with the Vatican behind her back right after that. How do you really put your trust in someone like that so soon after it all happened? And now she also has the heir to the throne to protect so she's going to be even more protective than ever. I can totally see why she's not just like 'hey you've been nice for a few weeks so all is forgiven.'

And she did tell him she wants to forgive and that she wants forgiveness..and that she wants to start over but he blew her off.

So as much as I'd like to see them hurry it up and have some happy moments - I totally get why Mary is so reluctant to trust him. Plus all these other people are in her ear telling her how terrible he is.

I felt bad for him this episode since he's clearly trying, that scene where he overhears James telling Mary she can't trust Darnley at all and to call Bothwell was sad. But again, If I was James, I would be doing the same thing. It takes time to earn trust back.

With all that being said, I thought she finally relented at the end when she trusted him enough to tell him about the baby. Loved that moment, he was so happy. I hope in the next episode these two finally get a few happier moments. With only 6 episodes left there's not a lot of time left for the happy moments...since history stinks so much
Scottish_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote