View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 04:12 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Gwen! I'm gonna attempt to reply to some of your loooong post. First, I'm gonna reply to untilwemeetagain.

Quote:
I loved the first scene when she’s passionately talking about her son being a bastard as are they, and you know even though they are the children of the Pope, that still is in the back of their minds and a constant theme tossed in their direction throughout the seasons. It’s yet something else they share and no one else knows how that feels (minus the dead Juan), and he loves how passionate she is about having Giovanni recognized. The looks he gives her in that scene.

And he is so miserable when he can’t get that stupid Naples king to recognize Giovanni, and of course, he has to deal with Alfonso being “meek as a girl,” as he fights for Lucrezia’s son and ultimately her happiness. We see his frustration that he didn’t get what she wanted, and I knew Naples was in trouble at some point in the future because no one upsets his Lucrezia and doesn’t pay for it.
I'm glad you picked up on that, untilwemeetagain. There is symbolism is Lucrezia's son being a bastard child, just as she and Cesare were. It's one of the things that bind them together and give them a sense of belonging separate from their family. And yes, Cesare really does take it upon himself to be a father figure to Giovanni and look out for his well being as well as keeping him and Lucrezia from being separated. This was probably a major source of contention between him and Alfonso, the fact that his sister's husband wasn't willing to stand up for her own child. But Giovanni Sforza was proof that no one wrongs Cesare's sister/paramour and gets away with it.

Okay, now I'm gonna try and reply to some of your post, Gwen. :thud;

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
I am totally okay with the Season 3 finale. I truly am.

Lucrezia is Cesare's, and he is hers.

THAT is my ideal ending, and that's the way it is staying.

Do you hear that, Neil Jordan?

Rumor has it that Lucrezia's son in reality could have been fathered by Cesare.

...Or her father. But for the love of all things, let's not go there.

And that sounds like a great fanfiction you've started

Anything has to be better than the utter that is formally known as The Borgia Apocalypse.

In a way I'm cool with the finale too, Gwen. If only because I knew what we'd have gotten if Jordan did his Apocalypse. I'm glad we were spared. But I think if we had gotten a final season it should've ended the way I described earlier, with Lucrezia married to a man in name only while being lovers with Cesare. And then in keeping with the history, Cesare is imprisoned, escapes, and then as he tries to reacquire his power and take revenge on della Rovere(who has now become Pope), he is killed in battle and his final thoughts are of Lucrezia, who reads his final letter to her with her children present. A montage of scenes of the two of them together would be nice as well.

Oh, don't even get me started on the idea of Rodrigo fathering her child. I much prefer Cesare to that scenario. And Cesare was the one who gave her son a title, and left his estate to the child as well... something a father would do.

Okay, that's as much as I can get through right now. There's a lot more to read. And Arinna's right, you did break my record for really long posts.