View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 02:11 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Take heart - it does come back.

I was just thinking of the differences and similarities of the people in the two Universes - quite a few similar things happened to both sets of characters, one being Charlie/Scarlie being infected with arachnids and Charlie getting impregnated by the hybrid monster. I thought of another one but have forgotten it for the moment. Can anyone else think of other similarities?

Something that always bothered me - Olivia and other characters having seizures or medical treatment after crossing over, but their Olivia getting back and starting work the very next day!
It is a bit fuzzy, but this is how I see it.

AFFECTED

David Robert Jones was transported out of the German Prison, but was transported across his own world and not just over to the other side, so that affected him.

The other Cortexiphan people had talents of their own which was directly related to their testing as a child, but crossing over was not part of that which set their own talents out of whack, whereas it was for Olivia.

William Bell crossed over several times to the point that he couldn't cross back over which is why he was still on the other side.

NOT AFFECTED

Walter crossed over to the other side using that device, but was not affected probably because of the type of device.

Redverse has more developed technology, so the way Fauxlivia got back was slightly different than how others transported.

Oliva's thing right from when she was a child was to be able to see into the other universe and cross over, so therefore it did not affect her.

Of course the shapeshifters would not be affected because they were likely built that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I have a really really dumb question. I just finished watching the series and absolutely loved the finale in particular. But why exactly did somebody need to go with Michael into the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I think it was to explain who he was and why they shouldn't go down the Observer path without emotions. Walter being a scientist could explain it best - as he by now had his full faculties but a better personality because of Michael.
Not to mention that Michael doesn't speak, so they would have to guess everything about him and may not even realize he was from a different time.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 04-29-2017 at 02:29 PM