View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 08:29 AM
ERussia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well, it kinda was childish and pointless. It was just two very different people pitted against each other by the media and the studios.
But it wasn't. Bette started stealing Joan roles because of her youth. And when somebody is stealing your roles it's normal to hate her/him. But they barely mentioned it. They could've made 2-3 more episodes about their youth.
Quote:
I definitely won't begrudge a show giving older amazing actresses good parts and how it started isn't as important as how it was manipulated imo. It was mostly a show about Hollywood's misogyny and ageism.
Yeah, for some reason it reminded me of "he kills people because his mother hated him" or something. They were grown up people, not some kids. And that dream sequence... I wasn't satisfied.
Quote:
It's not Shondish in the least and I wouldn't really call it a school drama even though a lot happens in school and most of the characters are teenagers. It's not a CW show at any rate. But yeah I don't know. Didn't blow me away. It was a decent watch but not a must-watch.
Netflix is the new HBO. Pretty much any Netflix show will have good reviews despite being completely generic. Actors look completely basic and I don't think I'll ever watch this.
They also have a new show called "Dear White People", lol.