View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 04:56 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for those gifs, Arinna! A bit too much Alfonso in them, though.

Hi, Gwen! Yeah, Cesare did get very detailed about the fishing village, as if it were something he'd actually spent a bit of time thinking about.

Yeah, Lucrezia has said that several times, and not just in Siblings, but in other episodes that she gets worried and anxious whenever Cesare leaves. When he's gone, she forgets him, but then when he returns it's like God enters the room for her.

Yeah, Juan was really wasted at that point, so who knows how he came to the idea that there was something possibly going on between Cesare and Lucrezia. They certainly did have a lot of intimacy between them, which may have left Juan once again feeling like the odd man out. He already felt that way with his suspicions about his parentage, and I think he also resented Lucrezia because she never showed him nearly as much affection as she did Cesare. Oh, and good call about Juan's reaction to Lucrezia walking in on him and his lover. Not a very modest family. He didn't even attempt to cover up.

Oh, and with regards to Alfonso, I think it's also telling how he resorted to getting drunk all the time to deal with his issues regarding his place in the family, or lack thereof, and he suddenly began to remind Lucrezia of Juan. She even mentioned this to Alfonso, that she'd know someone else who drank a lot as well.

Yeah, I know that Cesare never refused a dance with Lucrezia before, but he'd never had that much weight on his shoulders before either. Like I said, he had Caterina Sforza and the sons of the houses of the Romagna all plotting against them after Rodrigo had been poisoned, and he'd already had confrontations with both before Lucrezia asked him to dance. I think he was just too focused on other things at that point. And you're right, Lucrezia could tell that something was wrong with him. And perhaps the fact that he and Lucrezia had just kissed had added to that. In any case, he was dealing with a lot of

I actually think that Lucrezia was being even more careful than Cesare was, always warning him about the potential for scandal, remember? He didn't think anyone should make a big deal about how they would be so affectionate with each other because they were "Spanish." And Cesare was already planning on raising an army anyway, so this killed two birds with one stone. But yeah, after they reunited it was like they couldn't fight off their feelings any longer, even with Alfonso around. They were probably really horny as well. I so wish they had another love scene.