View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 02:44 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Gwen! Yes, I was interested in Cesare's reaction to meeting Paolo, as opposed to his feelings about Alfonso. You'll notice how different Cesare reacts to the two men. He goes out of his way to allow Lucrezia to spend time with the father of her son, yet Cesare has nothing but contempt for Alfonso. This could be partially because he saw Alfonso as being weak and not standing up to his uncle and standing up for his own wife, Lucrezia. But it could also be because Cesare and Lucrezia's love had grown considerably since Paolo's death, and while Cesare may have felt a slight amount of jealousy when Paolo was around, by the time Alfonso was in the picture Lucrezia had already given herself to Cesare, so Cesare felt that she was now "his" in every sense of the word. And maybe Cesare was trying to look good in Lucrezia's eyes when he let her spend time with Paolo, knowing that it would only be temporary and that they would never be able to be together.

Yeah, that scene where Lucrezia snuck into Cesare's bed(for the second time) was hot. I liked the way he grabbed her neck, thinking she was an assassin, and when she said, "peace, brother," she smiled even has his hand was around her neck, and then when he kissed her neck she closed her eyes and tilted her head, as if she were in ecstasy. I really wanted that to be a "morning after" scene when I saw it in the previews, because I thought they needed at least one more sex scene. I was disappointed when we didn't get one. Yeah, they did seem sexually frustrated... much like the audience.