View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:13 PM
April7739
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
Out of curiosity, what makes you think these two together, alone, would have gained the show another season? Were they that popular a ship?
I made a long post on Roswell Heaven about this a few years ago. I wish I could find it now.

I think that Tess and Kyle had a lot of really positive fan momentum, and while they maybe never would have reached the same popularity levels that Liz/Max or Michael/Maria reached, I do think they would have been a very well-liked ship on the show. In addition to the chemistry between Nick and Emilie, let's face it, Dreamer fans would have been thrilled that Tess wasn't after Max anymore!

To go along with this, I think that being involved in a romantic relationship with Kyle really would have humanized Tess, therefore further developing her. In this way, she could have become, not necessarily a hero, but perhaps at least an anti-hero. At the very least, she wouldn't have been a villain. Complex characters always help improve a show!

And lastly, without Tess forced into the season 2 villain role, the show would have had to write Alex out of the show differently. Perhaps Khivar could have been the one who killed him--he was made out to be such a huge threat but then was virtually pointless in season 3--so if he'd been the one to kill Alex, that could have been a huge storyline going into season 3. Having that to propel the show forward would have helped create a stronger 3rd season. Having a stronger 3rd season would have increased the likelihood of a fourth.
ICON