View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:53 PM
taubman
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
I wouldn't say that the writers weren't rooting for DJo considering the end of s4, s5, and the planned ending for s6. They were just trying to keep the angst and the "will they, won't they" thing going on. Of course I would've liked to see DJo reconnect after Mitch's death but if they had gotten together in early s5, that would've been it, imo. They always came up with contrived reasons for DJo not to be together, they even admitted it in the s2 commentary.

Watched "Crossroads" last night. Not my favorite episode for DJo since I thought Dawson reading her diary was out of character and it was wrong of him to do. This is one instance where I didn't blame Joey for being mad at him. The end of the episode was still nice though, but their reunion doesn't feel the same when you watch it on the DVDs. They really should've tried to keep "Kiss the Rain" in the DVD set. The scene feels different without that song playing over it.
^ so agree!!

There where still plenty of DJ writers and producers that where pro DJ! 2 writers always planned DJ ending but unfortunately Paul Stupin was pro PJ by the end and lots of pressure on the bigger fan base at the time. Also didn't help that James lost interest after season 3 due to the writing and KW leaving. If James had more push or say possibly things might of been different and if KW was still there in the later seasons.

Season 2 crossroads is a great episode for DJ as they go through heaps of emotions and trials as a couple.

Season 1 and 2 are classic for DJ! Soo many great episodes. But do like the way season 4 DJ played out even through it was about PJ it showed that DJ bond was stronger and reminds me to this day DJ connection/soulmate/lover will always be stronger than PJ..Remember the episode with Mr Brooks dying Joey will always be with Dawson in this lifetime or another. First love always stronger and their soulmate connection is bigger than anything!

Still to this day I struggle to watch DC or talk about it and sometimes listening to music that reminds me of DC because how they ended the show but do remember the good times still. Always go back to watching season 1 most times and some of s2.

How they ended the show was some of the worst writing ever for a TV show! Friends and Roswell they did it properly with their soulmates related couples like DJ. To "surprise us" call was pretty ordinary in my opinion.

Laughed at the lines in PJ scene in the kitchen as those lines are soo DJ talk.

Rant over sometimes past memories/talk bring up old wounds

DJ Always as in the story KW always imagined! NOT a fanbase decision!

J/K forever always!

keep the faith always!