View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:14 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

I've also never seen 'Avatar'! And we avoid 3-D movies, they give Mlette a headache and Mr ML isn't a fan either (maybe because they wear glasses? IDK) And now they've made a Disney 'world' about Avatar, and I won't get it because I haven't seen it. It just sounded soo stupid (the thing they couldn't obtain was called 'unobtainium' - really?)

Yes, I've seen KH in the new movie trailer and she looks really SCARY! Glad she's working again.

Oh on Passover you can't eat any grains (except stuff made out of matzah) or even starchy veggies like beans or corn or peas, for 8 days. It gets over tonight

I remembered I really liked GATTACA but I didn't remember the movie (it had been 20 years, after all) so it was very suspenseful and I didn't know how it was going to turn out - it was like seeing it for the first time all over again. Very cool movie, very good cast. We didn't stick around for the ethicist/geneticist talk though, just wanted to see the movie. But genetic manipulation etc is getting to the point it was at in that movie, 20 years ago. Science fiction becoming science fact. Except the space program isn't doing so well (they were launching tons of rockets in that movie).

I've been singing Beauty and the Beast songs for weeks. Although the new songs they added to the film are fairly forgettable - although it was Disney night on DWTS and they danced to one of the new songs (Josh Groban) and it was pretty nice.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan