View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:06 AM
Scottish_Queen
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The promo makes it seem like she may have to sleep with him at least once. I was kind of confused honestly, she doesn't want Darnley to know she's pregnant....but she won't sleep with him again? Won't he kind of figure it out.
Exactly, if she doesn't sleep with him, he's going to know when the baby was conceived. I would think she has to but then she told Catherine "God willing I will never have to sleep with that man again."

Quote:
Unless I'm missing something, Darnley could still use it against her if he finds out the child was conceived before their marriage.
Yep, I think he could still blackmail her with the info even though that's twisted since it's his kid. But with the legitimacy of an heir hanging over her head, he could make Mary do whatever he wanted. I would think she'd want to sleep with him and get it over with to prevent that nightmare.

Maybe she will relent next episode, like Amanda said the promo does seem to indicate she might. And the episode is titled "A Better Man," he seems like he's trying so we shall see.