View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 03:20 AM
ERussia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
True. Although it was different back in the days.
I think it's because of TV. Even if movie flopped in cinemas, millions have seen it on television. Nowadays they only show movies on cable and barely anyone is watching it. Now, a flop is a flop. No one will bother seeing a flop movie they never heard of on streaming platforms.
Quote:
I like Emma Stone. I just wish she'd won for Birdman instead. I think she'll have a bigger career but I don't know if La La Land will ever amount to more than instant hype. I think that in 5 years, most people will go "meh yeah saw it, didn't get what the hoopla was all about"
I'm not sure. Let's be honest, most movies and shows that are remembered are mostly generic. Were Friends the best TV show of 90s? Not even the day they aired (Aired the same day as Seinfiled and ER). And I'm not even talking about other channels. Yet it considered as classic and one of the best shows ever, why? Generic, light hearted and white. La La Land will be remembered, IMO.
Quote:
She had a moment after she divorced Cruise and won the Oscar but then she got her face butchered and she can barely crack an expression now.
LMAO at butchered face. Well, I meant star as a "movie draw". But she is obviously very well known, but she is more of Anglelina Jolie tabloid type of star. I like Angelina and applaud her charity work, but she is def not known for her movies. I feel the same about Kidman, even when she has a lot of good roles.
Quote:
The Harry Potter prequel thing was a disaster. I don't know what possessed him, especially since he's not going to be in the next movies. The Lobster was pretty much the antithesis of that and I was SHOCKED to see it nominated for an Oscar for best original script because he didn't get anything else and it was such a small movie, I doubt they had FYC money.
I hate the lead guy. I'm surprised it was a thing. But reviews were okayish and it was a big hit, so...
Quote:
It was a huge bomb at Cannes. Critics were booing but I think it's a Cannes thing.
Just to be clear we are both talking about Marie Antoinette? I just read about it and actually only few people booed it, media just jumped on it.
This movie reminded me of Mona Lisa smile. I enjoyed both, they were not as bad as some people act they are.