View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 02:25 AM
serving wench
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Sorry but I disagree completely. If we have some idea that Jackson may be paired with someone else, we have a right to discuss it. It impacts our story and therefore we should be able to discuss it. Telling us to sequel only about scenes pertaining to Jackson and April is wrong and has never been the tone of this thread and/or board.

I am quite honestly tired of the policing of this board. People come into threads merely to tell us to be nice and stifle our opinions, without offering any insight into the themes discussed in the thread. It just comes across as a way to make it comfortable for others who don't like to read opinions different from their own.

ETA-I'll just give myself a break from this board. It's not as if it's very interesting anyways. No one even comments because the show sucks.
IMO, the men on the show are more attractive than usual because GA is a fantasy aimed at women. Yes, in the real world it would be unrealistic that someone like Jackson would still be in love with April after all the crap she's put him through for years, but that's been the dynamic of their relationship since they first got together. He's the fantasy of the ultra-patient male, waiting for April to grow up. It's no worse than the majority of shows aimed at men, where the women are there for eye candy and emotional support. On GA, the women drive the drama and therefore they are the more flawed, complicated characters.

PS posterity I always enjoy your comments, hope you stick around.