View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Purplerose82
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Okay, Amber.

Yeah, that was annoying when the writers would drift away from Ted and Robin and then do an episode that was intended to get the story back on point. Many critics said that it seemed like "lazy writing" for the writers to always go back to Ted and Robin, not realizing that Ted and Robin were actually endgame. That's why I wish that Bays and Thomas hadn't tried to be too clever in what they were doing. They got so caught up in their misdirection that they let themselves slide too far off target. And that stupid wedding was the worst narrative decision they ever made.

I think they were so focused on season 6 being about their 100th episode and celebrating the show finally getting into permanent syndication(the 100 episode is the gold standard) that someone forgot to keep the show on track. I was also miffed that there were a lot of HIMYM fans who only started watching the show after Ted and Robin broke up, which is why I thought it was a mistake to break them up so early at the end of season 2. They should've waiting until season 3 to do that, like Friends did with Ross and Rachel.

I think FF shrunk your pic too. Was that from when they first started dating in season 2?
Happy Easter!

They definitely could have stretched their relationship out..maybe have it 3 seasons but they didn't know if they would get cancelled I guess. How could it be lazy writing when the whole show was a lead up to them getting back together? the execution was the problem not the content. You know how I feel about that wedding haha. It was a mistake for sure. I feel that one of the reasons the writers had her marry him was so Ted that had to "let her go". If it was someone else he probably would have ran off with her. At the end of the day it didn't matter tho because neither one let go that's why they ended up together

Yeah my pic did shrink that was also from "Where Were We" when they first started dating