View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 PM
ERussia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
ok so I'm going to double post (Mods do whatever they want? ) because otherwise it'll be a mess. Bear with me.

Anna, you're down the line

Yeah the trailers were terrible, I agree. I guess they were trying to make it look like AHS

Heh that's a good point.

Olivia de Havilland. Yeah I don't know what she was doing, but it wasn't working at all

Insecurity. That's what drove her whole life, professional and personal. She was throwing herself at men, because that's the only way she thought she could be loved. I know it sounds odd but it's common about people who were abused as children, especially repeatedly.

And her relationship with her mom, or lack of relationship, defined her. Even all the adoration from the press, from the fans, all her marriages, and her kids, were never enough to make up for the fact her mom didn't love her. I guess that was also something she was jealous of in Davis

They re-arranged some stuff chronologically but the blackmail was real. Well, as always it's according to third parties. But with the Charles and Diana thing, there's no way they're going to get anyone on the record.

yeah

She may be lobbying a little too hard. Desperate lobbying isn't always winning. Plus the fact she had a producer credit in the show and her scenes were redundant, to say the least (her character's part was much smaller in the book), made it all look a little too contrived. We'll see

Well I wouldn't have thought so either but damn, she took so much hate for it!
When she was promoting Feud, she was asked about it every damn time, and she is still taking crap for it on Twitter. Move the **** on, people, she didn't vote for Trump and it wouldn't have mattered anyway, she lives in NY so let's not pretend she got him elected

I have and it's pathetic. I guess it's for the Mr Robot crowd and the lead (who was already terrible in Downton Abbey, so that's saying a lot ) is ridiculous. But to some people, having a hard part and playing it well are the same thing I guess.
Olivia de Havilland is still alive btw and won Oldie of the year in 2016. I'm surpised that I never heard about her despite being into awards/charts type of things and she has 2 Oscars. It makes me think about how important something is now, but in few years everything will forget about it. Either way KZT did her no justice, lol.
I heard something about Joan and knew about Baby Jane movie, but nothing about her other projects. I did know who Davis is, thanks to Vogue song, though.
Spoiler:

She will probably be fuming about it tbh.
I know people like Joan in real life. They trying to hurt other people because of their own problems and if they are rich enough they can pretty much do anything they want. Guess, money truly can't buy you happiness.
Kidman is having a good year, she'll have 4 movies in Cannes and considering her role in Aquamen (what does she thinking?) they might as well award her because DC movie will probably ruin her career.
Agreee about Dan Stevens. I don't think he is a good actor at all.
I also thought that next GOT season is the last.