View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 03:01 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

It's okay, Amber. No apologies are necessary. I've done the same thing myself many times and had mods tell me the same thing. Even though I agree with you, and I do find it frustrating, FF doesn't want us to actually say it, so we just have to work around it. I'll sometimes just type B and R so anyone can assume anything.

My theory has always been that the show didn't become really popular until season 3 and 4, after Ted and Robin had already broken up. The first two seasons were the story the show's creators actually wanted to tell, but those seasons weren't seen by as many people and many fans forgot about them as the show continued into seasons 5 and 6, when you-know-who started becoming popular. That's why I think the writers should've made sure they kept going back to Ted and Robin and keeping the story on track instead of veering away from them so much. I've also suspected that the growing popularity of you-know-who might've motivated the network to ask the writers to do more with that, and Bays and Thomas might've just been trying to accommodate them while also trying to stick with their story. But they really should've just stuck to what they originally intended and not drifted so far off-point.

Ahhh, yes... The Wedding Bride was season 5, wasn't it? And it was right before Robin's breakup with Don and her moving back in with Ted, when they nearly had sex again. Damn, that was a good ending to season 5, and they totally messed it up the following season.