View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 02:47 AM
othfan1980
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I wanted Bay & Emmett together, but I could have been happy with a well-written finale, if they remained apart.

I would have preferred Bay end things with Travis and remained on her own, rather than turn Travis into The One, but I could even accept that, if well-written.

However, I draw the line at Lizzy Weiss allowing Bay to orchestrate turning Emmett into Travis's househusband to dust all of his trophies, take pictures of him, and clean up after him on the road in Japan.

It wasn't a good enough future for Bay to be Travis's tag-along, but it was good enough for Emmett. Right....

Emmett doesn't even like Travis. He couldn't even make eye-contact with him at the art gallery. And he is going to follow him to Tokyo as his tag-along?

What a way to take a great character and completely decimate him! At the very least, Emmett should have been able to go off on his own someplace and start over again. The idea of Emmett sharing some sick brotherhood with Travis, where he gets to spend the rest of his life watching Travis & Bay be intimate with each other is TOO MUCH.

How would Bay like to watch Emmett be intimate with Daphne? She wouldn't. It's not fair that Lizzy Weiss penned a similar future for Emmett.

And of course, Daphne has Mingo as her true love now.

What an overly sentimental and maudlin ending to what was once a good show. I hated it.
I'm the opposite. What I liked about the ending was staying true to characters and almost to real life rather than trying to please the fans in terms of couples.

Bay and Emmett gave it 2 shots and both times it ending with a lot of pain and breaches of trust. Most couples, let alone a couple under 20 years old survive that because the trust goes. You can find a path to be friends but to have the level of trust, ease required with a long term partner. The thing I have learnt as I have gone through life is we have first loves that are often passionate, but the partner we settle down with is our best friend, our lover and someone we trust implicitly. And I would have struggled with an ending of Bay/Emmett together for that reason. Bay/Travis have a normal, healthy relationship...is it this great dramatic Romeo/Juleit story? No. But that's true to life. We date our romeos, get hurt and then we realise what is important. Trust, honesty, friendship, fun, supporting each other, making it work and common goals.And Bay and Emmett couldn't do that twice! And Bay and Travis have managed to have a healthy relationship with little drama, support each other, be there for each other and ultimately beat a number of obstacles Bay/Emmett never could. That is what made that choice the right one in my opinion. For Bay to have turned around in the finale and gone I can't live without Emmett would have felt like another doomed reaction based on feelings rather than thinking about what was right for her and them.

As for Emmett not liking Travis. They fell out over Bay. They were best friends and like brothers. To throw away the years of friendship over a girl Emmett himself dumped; it was right and typical for Bay (the person who came between them) to try to finally mend that as she finally knew what she wanted and had a place in the world with art, where she was happy. She could have ended things with Travis, emmett gone away...but I thought it very Bay to try to repair their relationship given the previous episode with his mum, Emmett's depression and the fact the boys are so closely linked through Emmett's mum. It's different if Travis wasn't some sort of foster son.

Finales, when ending shows, don't need major drama. Its about the character's story's coming together. And Bay's is one that rang true. Despite her rather stupid mistake taking the fall for Daphne, she found a place in the world where she could be an artist and have a career which made her happy. And tattoo artist feels quite realistic given her tagging past. and she found peace in her relationships and what she wanted from a guy. She didn't need drama, passion. She needed trust, honesty, respect and friendship with someone she could grow with. And unfortunately she never got that with Emmett. Sometimes you can't go back and love isn't enough. And love can take different forms.