View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:57 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaholic (View Post)
Personally, I'm with Amy in wanting Bay to choose to go to Japan with Travis, not so much because I want her to be with Travis, but because I want her to get away from her family (mostly Daphne) and have some breathing space. She needs to figure out who she is and what she wants. Her identity since the switch was revealed has been all about being a switch-ster, and that's dictated so many of her choices.
I would prefer Bay choose Emmett over Travis. Other than that, though, I agree with you. I still do not understand why the two families did not enter counseling after discovering the switch. I feel any family would need counseling to cope, and none of them talked to any professionals. It's insane.

Bay needs breathing space, and she needs to separate herself from Daphne who seems poised to continue being a leech. We have not seen any real remorse from Daphne. That bothers me.

Quote:
I could see Bay's art really resonating with a Japanese audience, and I could see her becoming a manga or anime artist. I would love for her to expand beyond tattoo art, since that just seemed like a thing she fell into in China, but not something we ever saw her to be interested in before, and it seems like a restrictive art form. I would love to see her find and embrace a new community. She didn't get to have the college experience, but I want her to have other amazing life experiences separate from Daphne.
Oh, my, that would be so funny and ironic, and it would be just like real life, if Bay got into manga or anime, after she dissed it so badly when Emmett was dating Skye and had those anime stickers on his camera bag.

I still remember Bay's words. They ring in my ears even now:
Yeah... so I saw those anime stickers on your bag. I thought that you said that anime was stupid. Oh, right! Right. It's me who thinks that it's stupid. _ So does she, like, dress up like Lolita? Like a punk fairy with the weird buns and freaky eyeliner and striped knee socks and wigs? Because all of that just reinforces the negative stereotype of the giggly, submissive school girl.
I agree with you 100% about the tattoo art. I do not want Bay to limit herself to that art form. She was interested in tattoos and piercings in the pilot episode, but I would still like to see her embrace more than that.

Quote:
I see what John is saying about the message to young women... I do wonder if Lizzy Weiss would want Bay to move with/"for" a man. In a way, like ollibear/Amy points out, it would resolve that arc for her, which she's had with other boyfriends (Ty, Emmett), but never completed. On the other hand, I could easily see Lizzy Weiss deciding that the empowering choice would be for Bay to choose to focus on her career in the U.S. rather than move with Travis.
Until a few days ago, that's what I thought would happen. Bay would end up alone and focused on her career. But I can be intuitive at times, and I am picking up on strong signs that Lizzy Weiss intends to reunite Bay & Emmett in the finale after all.

I realize that a Bay & Emmett reunion is a near impossible feat to accomplish with any credibility at this point, but I see Lizzy Weiss as someone who would pride herself on being able to pull it off. And I actually believe that she can, as improbable and uncomfortable as it is likely to be for fans.

I believe that Lizzy Weiss can and will reunite Bay & Emmett in the finale, and I believe she will do it well. I could be wrong, but I feel the signs are there just as surely as they were when I predicted Angelo's death and when I predicted that Bay would discover Mary Beth and Tank are now a couple.

Quote:
I can't possibly think of a way for Bay to end up with Emmett in a way that feels organic. It would have to be following a significant time jump, during which Emmett really gets his life together, and during which Bay somehow realizes that she really wants to be with him over anybody else. Anything less than that will feel hollow.
I thought the same thing until last Friday. Now, I am thinking differently.

I don't believe there will be any time jump.

I don't believe Emmett will have his life together in any way, shape, or form, although he may decide to either return to LA for film school, or he may decide to continue a career with his photography and take a job with "Live Ink."

I do believe the decision will be a difficult one for Bay. If Travis were not leaving for Tokyo, it's not something Bay would do this soon.

My guess is that as messy and problematic as it will be, Bay will choose to reunite with Emmett. It may feel a bit like whiplash to see Bay go from Travis straight to Emmett, but for some reason, I don't think Bay will care. Like the movie Skye and Emmett watched together, Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans, it's not about whether Emmett hurt Bay, but whether they can rekindle their love.

Disclaimer: I could be 100% wrong about everything, but that's my prediction for the finale.