View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 10:59 AM
teaholic
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Does anyone have any predictions for next week's season finale?

On the Afterbuzz TV show, the co-hosts are predicting that Bay will decide to move to Tokyo with Travis.

I never considered that, because I never imagined that Lizzy Weiss would allow Bay to leave Daphne. But maybe Lizzy Weiss would split up the girls. What do others think?

As awful as Daphne has been to Bay, I would not mind to see Bay turn her back on Daphne and her whole family (since they have always put Daphne before Bay) and choose Travis.

At least, Travis has been good to Bay, since he found out about what happened with Tank. I'd rather see Bay be with someone who is good to her than to be with the family who is not.

The Afterbuzz TV co-hosts also thought Regina will choose Eric over Luca. I tend to think Regina will choose Luca, but I guess we will see.

So what does everyone think? What will happen in the end?

We know that Lily and Toby will be happy together with Carlton in the end. We know that John and Kathryn will be happy together in the end.

How about Daphne? Will she reunite with Mingo? She didn't really give off any vibes of being serious about Chris. I predict Daphne will reunite with Mingo somehow.

I cannot imagine Bay being with Emmett, after everything that has happened this season. I'm guessing Emmett will help Bay be with Travis somehow.

So do we think Bay will choose to go to Tokyo to be with Travis? It sure beats staying in Kansas City with a family that doesn't treat her very well and isn't known for being a mecca for tattoo artists. I imagine Bay will do better with tattooing in Tokyo, like she did in Beijing.

She doesn't have college to keep her in KC either. She'd finally get to move away with a guy, unlike when she wanted to go to Germany with Ty and to LA with Emmett.

If you have time, make predictions for these characters:

BAY:

DAPHNE:

EMMETT:

MELODY:

REGINA:

TRAVIS:

I'd love to read what people think might happen!
BAY: I kind of wish she would go to Tokyo with Travis. It would be a cool adventure, and I could see her becoming an anime artist or manga artist or something like that... It kind of fits with the aesthetic of her axe-girl street art, I think! I could see young people in Japan really appreciating Bay's art beyond just tattoo art. I would also kind of it love it because it would decouple Bay from Daphne... I feel like she could soar if she wasn't always entangled in family issues. She needs time to figure out what she wants for herself, and who she is beyond just being Daphne's Switch-ster.

However, I'm afraid that isn't going to happen. I'm afraid Bay won't want to leave her family, especially Daphne. That would mean she is going to break up with Travis, since I suspect he will go to Tokyo (more on that below). I'm not sure what's going to happen with her art, but I think we'll be given some kind of time jump to see her achieve success in tattoo art.

DAPHNE: Well, obviously, Daphne is going to become a wonderful, perfect little doctor. We're going to have a heart-warming scene of her helping a deaf pediatric patient or something. (Ugh! Can you tell how bitter I am? ) I think she's going to end up with Mingo, although Chris is also a possibility - but I think since the audience has had more time to connect with Mingo, and they have more history together, I imagine Mingo will be the one.

EMMETT: I'm really at a loss to imagine what the writers are going to do with him. I guess his depression will somehow be resolved..? I think we're going to be shown that there's something hopeful in his future, like maybe getting excited about a job opportunity that's related to the film industry, or maybe taking some courses locally. I guess it's possible he'll be paired with Ally, although we don't really know enough to care about her. I guess the writers could present it as a message that Bay and Emmett's relationship was meant to be, even if only as a route to Emmett finally meeting Ally, i.e. "it all turns out for the best", although I personally would find that cheap and disingenuous...

If he were to reunite with Bay after Travis left for Tokyo, that would be even more cringe-worthy to me... I just cannot see a way to make that feel good. It would seem like Emmett was Bay's last resort or consolation prize, rather than a choice. Also, at this point, Emmett has lost so much of his original appeal: he doesn't have a job, school, or friends, he lives at home, he has no confidence... It was bold and exciting when the writers originally paired him with Bay, because even though he was Deaf, which some people would view as a disadvantage, he was so sure of himself, he was a musician and a photographer... but now, he barely has an identity except as Bay's ex-boyfriend.

MELODY: We've seen so little of her lately that I don't even know what storylines there are that need to be resolved. I guess we need to see her be at peace with where Emmett and Travis are in their lives. I think we will see that by the end.

REGINA: Ugh. Honestly, I want her to choose Eric, just to finally own it and act on the way that she feels, which is that her men constantly matter more to her than her daughters (especially more than Bay). I think it would be completely insane for a woman with two daughters to get a new identity and move to another country to live incognito, presumably to very rarely if ever return, and very rarely if ever see her daughters... but, I kind of wish that she would do it, since that would at least be true to who she is. She would rather play house with Eric and play mother to Will than get to know her real daughter, Bay, with whom she already missed out on so much.

I don't know whether that's actually going to happen, although the summary for Episode 10 kind of suggests it might. If Regina were an actual person in my life, I would tell her to stay put and try to build/strengthen her relationships with her daughters, but hey...

TRAVIS: I think Travis is going to choose to go to Tokyo. It seems to be his last big chance to succeed in professional baseball, and he's always been so aware of having limited opportunities because of his upbringing and deafness, so I don't think he's going to want to pass this up. I think he will try to convince Bay to go. I'm afraid she won't. It's not that I want their relationship to continue long-term, necessarily, but I just think she needs to get away from her family's influence to figure out her own priorities.

After the emotional scenes we've had with Travis, I don't think the writers will want to show him to be heartbroken about having to leave Bay, so I think they'll portray it as Travis realizing he needs to focus on his career now, and being grateful he had this relationship with Bay, but understanding that he needs to move on. In real life, I don't think that's very realistic... I think for someone like Travis, who's been through so many struggles and hasn't had very much support, Bay and her family (well, John) would have been a real lifeline, plus Bay was his first serious love. I don't think it's easy to give something like that up. Plus, it's not very realistic that he would be comfortable in Japan, where he couldn't even lip-read in most cases, and where he couldn't communicate with the Deaf community either. Still, I think that's probably what the writers will go for.