View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 03:40 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S (View Post)
Let's say that Bay goes to Japan.
Will that leave the message that a women is only happy if she has a man in her life? - OR
Bay's ONLY choice is to rely on a man because she destroyed her life and only he can "save" her from her "poor" decisions.
How did I miss this post? I never saw it until just now. What a cool question!

I'm not sure what to think.

I know Bay wanted to go to Germany with Ty, and he refused her. When Bay would not accept "no" for an answer, Ty lied to make her believe he had cheated on her, so she would let him go alone.

I know Bay "said" she wanted to go to LA with Emmett, and he accepted her proposal. But either Bay wanted to help Daphne more than she wanted to be with Emmett OR Bay was scared to go with Emmett. Perhaps, especially after Emmett cheated, that kind of intimacy frightened Bay.

For whatever reason, Bay abandoned her promise to live with Emmett.

And then, when Emmett finally accepted that Bay wasn't coming to join him, and when she refused to let him move back home to be with her after the situation with Tank, Bay shows up on the beach in LA, and Emmett feels as though it's too much pressure on him for her to move to LA at that time. (I don't blame him either. Who wants to begin living with someone when their relationship is in shambles?) Instead of Bay understanding how much Emmett had thrown at him in the six months since they graduated high school, she gives him an ultimatum and says, "You do this now, it's done. It's forever."

Bay is a basket case for a couple of months, but then, she goes to China with Daphne. A brush with death makes her reevaluate her friendship with Travis, and she invites him to join her in China. He does. He sacrifices everything at college to move with Bay to China for a year.

Why did Bay return home for Emmett's overdose? She hasn't done anything but yell at him for possibly wanting her back. Bay hasn't been a friend to Emmett or helped him. So why is she back in KC?

Bay did say in the season premiere that she wished that she and Travis had never even returned from China.

So does Bay need a man?

She has never lived alone. She has always lived with her parents or Travis or Daphne.

I don't think Bay is capable of living alone yet. She needs time to get there.

Does Bay need someone to save her from her poor decisions? I don't know.

If so, Travis isn't the one to do it. He's a disaster when it comes to making good decisions. The only one I have seen him make is standing in solidarity with Chris on his baseball team.

Does Bay need a man to be happy? People need people to be happy. Bay doesn't necessarily need a man, but a romantic relationship is nice.

I do NOT feel as though Bay's sisterhood with Daphne would be fulfilling enough for her long term. Bay needs more than that.

Could Bay live alone? At some point, sure.

Should Lizzy Weiss show Bay living alone for a while, before she commits to a relationship? I don't know. Is that important? I don't know. I tend not to think so. What does everyone else think?

So far, Lizzy Weiss has always shown us a Bay who wants to leave home to run off with a man. Will Lizzy Weiss continue to show us that version of Bay? Or will Bay have matured to the point that she feels her own life is worth staying rooted.

I suppose if this "Live Ink" magazine promotion is really successful that Bay may want to stay in the U.S. for her own career. Other than that, though, Bay has no reason to stay in the U.S. Unless "Live Ink" is offering Bay something phenomenal, she has a crappy job working with Noelle. Bay should hightail it to Japan, if that is all that she will be leaving behind.

Lizzy Weiss will leave John & Kathryn in a healthy marriage. She will make it clear that Lily & Toby are in a healthy marriage. I firmly believe that Lizzy Weiss is going to have Regina & Luca in a healthy relationship at the end. And I think Lizzy Weiss will do the same for Daphne & Mingo.

So that leaves Bay. It's looking to me as though Bay is the one that Lizzy Weiss intends to leave single. Bay could run away with Travis, but I doubt the she will. Bay could get back together with Emmett, but what message does that send to the audience?

The episode description mentions everyone's relationships except Bay.

Funny thing is that Bay's relationship is the only one most fans care about.

Will Bay be with Travis in the end? Will Bay be single? Or will Bay return to Emmett?

What does each scenario say about Bay and what does each one say about young women?