View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 09:01 AM
podmom
Elite Fan

So the art show was fun and Anne sold to works so that was nice for her. We went out to dinner with she and her husband after because the friends they had arranged to dine with couldn't make it so surprise for us. I hated what I got so I will finally remember I just don't like raw fish. This was a seafood place so I thought I'd be adventurous plus nothing on the menu appealed to me anyway. It said rice bowl with marinated veggies and it no lie was maybe the size of a cup ( which was good since I hated it) but was comical and good for joking about. Podad and I rarely go to the chic fancy type restaurants and a good amount of the time when we do I think I like "regular "places better. Too fancy and weird food for me. Sometimes it is awesome but for that kind of money I would rather have a sure bet

But the show was SO much fun for the kids. Grace was in heaven charging around with a new wide open space with lots of way different things to see. I mean charging literally. Head down stomping forward....could care less if we were behind her ( which of course one of us was at all times) she was just so happy to have a big new space to practice this cool walking thing she started doing not that long ago. All her favorite ppl around at her beck and call. It was so fun to watch her she was so cute Anna Lee was in her glory shopping at the colorfull craft sellers that were set up too. She got a hand made butterfly necklace that she enjoyed sporting around. She also got to be on a live podcast. There was one room of the show devoted to some kind of funny strange installation. Most of which was devoted to a mocking tribute to cooking shows. TV screens as painting with videos of goofy send ups of cooking shows all around their room. Then randomly there were two women ( one of which was recognizable from the videos) set up in a card board make shift space capsule 'presumably' kind of thing doing a live stream FB show with ppl wandering by. Anna Lee watched a little older boy talking to them and I could tell she wanted to "be on screen" too. So she did and the sarcastic funny woman asked AnnaLee where she saw herself in five years....Anna Lee thought about that for quite a few seconds( of course not understanding the comedic value of that question given her age) and said "at a concert" the woman said would you be at the concert or be the concert. Anna Lee said I would be the concert. Then the woman asked what kind of genre music to you prefer...country,pop,rock? Anna Lee said "I want to be a rock star" then the lady asked if she would play an instrument AL said...clarinet(mom plays that) then the lady asked how many will you play and AL said two. a little more talk then Grace charges into the space so I pick her up and put her on the screen for the FB ppl and a little while later Liz came in so I said here are three generations and had her pop on. SO that was fun. Tommy had a ball too running all over and putting dollars in this huge thing on the wall of wheels that move around when you put cash in ( fund raiser that is always there) My cookies were a huge hit. So a good time was had by all. btw Grandpa,Daddy and Bro in law were there too.