View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 PM
jintian
New Fan

It's too bad this forum is so anti-Travis, but I'm glad to see positive responses to the episode elsewhere.

I thought it was long past time the show addressed his anger issues and his sexual assault, but at least when they finally did it, they hit a home run. The acting and the writing were far above anything the season has delivered so far. But sadly, the quality of the episode seems to have been overshadowed because it's the second to last one ever, in a season that has generally disappointed a lot of viewers.

Anyway, kudos to Ryan Lane, Vanessa Marano, DW Moffett, and Suanne Spoke for bringing their A-game, and to the writers and directors for doing this story and this issue justice. I never cry at this show because it's usually too over the top, but this episode broke me.

I actually didn't even mind the Daphne and Regina parts either. Daphne handled things better than I thought she would, meaning she managed to not blow up Chris's life or anyone else's. I would have been extremely annoyed if she'd pulled a typical Daphne maneuver and ended up ruining her medical career, especially after the show took care to remind us how much Bay sacrificed to make that happen.

And Regina, well, whatever. I never do have much to say about her, but I didn't want to fast forward her scenes for once. Although I definitely raised my eyebrows when Bay was all, "Look how great our relationship is now!"

Here's hoping Bay decides her next big adventure should be in Tokyo!