View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:47 PM
sheenamaria
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Review

"Archie and Valerie are iconic canon comic book characters, so seeing them together is fun. Seeing Archie and Valerie as the main couple instead of Archie and Veronica or Archie and Betty is also refreshing. Heck, it was just as refreshing in the comic book, since writer/artist Dan Parent seemed as intent as many of his readers to do away with the outdated Betty-Archie-Veronica love triangle. What would have been great, though, is if Valerie had been characterized before she got with Archie. Still, I love seeing Archie and Valerie together. If anyone can temper Archie's cute-yet-occasionally-frustrating-airheadness with a loving, guiding hand, it's Valerie."

–Ebony

That would be good, especially when you consider all these reviews they're getting.

The writers aren't going to make me believe that Archie would just give up a girl as nice and beautiful as Valerie -- whom he happens to have things in common with.

The problem is that, contrary to what this review says, they're not being treated like a major couple, and they really should be.
I love this review and I do agree with the statement about Archie and Valerie being a refreshing take from the common love triangle depicted in various Archie Comics (Betty-Archie-Veronica).

Also, I agree with your thoughts about how Valarchie is not treated as a major couple in-show. I love Bughead and I see such beautiful development from both Betty and Jughead especially in the last few episodes. I was just wishing the same thing would happen for our ship. Ever since I saw the pilot, I noticed that Valerie was into Archie so we got to see an interest forming from her side but what about Archie? How does he feel about Valerie? At the moment, the problem I see lies with Archie's POV/side. I want him to voice his feelings to her and make it known that he likes her. That he wants to be with her. That he chose Valerie and that his heart is with her. I am hoping that we get to see such development occurring in the next few episodes for Valarchie. Truly, I want to see this relationship to go to new heights and I believe that if the writers play their cards right, then this ship is destined to be end-game.

Last edited by sheenamaria; 04-04-2017 at 07:38 PM
sheenamaria is offline   Reply With Quote