View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Okun
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
I loved the relationship with her and Rasha, actually I liked all of the stuff with her, Winston, Rasha and Zoe. That's a nice little group. And we got some Baaz/Goldi scenes.

The dynamic of living her faith while being pulled towards the more secular life that she sees Rasha living was very compelling and I hope they continue to explore that moving forward. I also appreciated them showing the shockingly casual prejudice that she has to endure on a daily basis.
Really agree with that. As much as I was opposed to the way she was doing things in the feminist club, I really like her development and I´d like to see if that´ll make her handle things in the club differently.

And as I already wrote I thought it was interesting that she didn´t seem to connect the 'gay people are sinners rule' to Zoe until the others asked her about it. And later on at least to me it seems that she didn´t really feel, that Rasha and Zoe are sinners, it seemed more something her head told her that she has to believe in that they are. Probably that´s why it was relatively easy for her to decide that´s not on her to judge. Just to compare, Zoe´s mother feels that it is wrong and that is way harder to go against.