View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
It's definitely frustrating because he starts off so strong and then somewhere in the first few seasons he just...what? Gets bored?
Ha ha reminds me of J.J. Abrams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
They could have had them reunite a number of different ways even with Nina's departure. Then without Nina there they could have focused on the brothers overcoming losing her and trying to become brothers again. Damon could have been a villain of the season for either s7 or s8 because he had no Elena to keep him in check and she chose Stefan.

Honestly it could have saved us all from the stupid evil mermaids .
Totally agree. That would have made more sense. I liked Season 7 and 8 pretty well, but yeah...DE got old by season 6, why not just have it end after he got back from being separated from her by the prison world. They could also have easily eventually paired Damon up with Bonnie (which I would have liked) but at least they could have shown Damon grow and become better on his own, originally inspired by Elena yes, but not so dependent upon her so as to resist change. He justified all his bad behavior on saving Elena so they could later be together, same as he did before she went to sleep, which didn't make a lot of sense, because wouldn't Elena want him to do the right thing, regardless?

LOL i liked the mermaids at first, but you're right they got old! They should have killed them off half way through not 3/4 of the way through which meant they didn't have enough time to end the series.