View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:56 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

I loved this episode too! It was a little lacking in action, but I don't mind, for it seems like a good setup to next week's episode (now I can't wait)! I really like how they are really digging into the family dynamics and what is good and evil. Is it okay to hurt others if you are protecting your family? Doesn't that person have a family too? Or do you end up becoming what you are fighting?

Hope is so like Klaus--both are so sensitive. They were freaking adorable together! It could have been cheesy and wasn't. She's a good little actress and as usual Joseph Morgan can react with such a range of emotions. They remind me of how Klaus gave Rebekah the knight to calm her fears when they were children--innocent before their parents turned them into vampires...all in the name of protecting them.

I am sad to see Kol and Rebekah go (I know Claire Holt wants limited screentime, but does he?) However, they made their exit count. There's such a thing as TOO much family togetherness. Sooner or later, the child leaves the nest and their siblings behind to perhaps start families of their own. Unless you're a Mikaelson, that is--and you have this both endearing and suffocating need to take care of your siblings at your own and everyone else's expense! Kol has always understood this. Now Elijah has a chance to realize it too. Only Freya continues to embrace the codependency. It reminds me of her mother Esther and Aunt Dahlia. Dahlia sacrificed so much for Esther and then resented her when Esther left to start a family of her own. Esther's need to leave was perfectly reasonable, except that she didn't appreciate that it was her sister Dahlia who enabled her to have a family in the first place! Thankfully Freya can diverge from the family habit by asking for the werewolf's cooperation rather than keep her captive.

Quote:
I was glad that Vincent mention all the witches that Marcel killed. Finally someone pointed out that everything wasn't so great under Marcel rule. The witches lived in fear. However it was interesting that we found out what turn Vincent's wife evil. However I would loved to know what happened to Vincent's baby?
Me too. Marcel justified it by protecting Davina, but I remember how ruthless he was. It was so sad what happened to Vincent's wife. It's interesting that Vincent is one of the few characters to take responsibility for his actions, rather than excuse them because they were done for the right reasons. I continue to love Vincent more and more. However, he may be TOO hard on himself, because it seems like this force "chose" him somehow, moreso than he chose it.

Quote:
The great evil. Does anyone think that great evil could be Vincent's son?
Good idea--his son may have been absorbed somehow into this magic, but I don't think it originated with him.

Quote:
Will doesn't trust Marcel. I wonder why Vincent trust Marcel?
His trust is limited, but yeah I always thought it happened too fast. Perhaps like Marcel and Klaus, Vincent's passion to protect turns into a need for power and he wanted to back the most powerful.

Quote:
Why did Hope take her bracelet off to heal the butterfly? (I love it when Hope told Klaus not to tell her mom)
Me too. Already taking sides. That bracelet looks a lot like the one she wore as a baby--didn't it stop her from doing magic so that Dahlia (and other witches) would not be able to sense her? It's probably the reason the evil force was aware of her existence.

Quote:
How did that guy get Hope's hairbrush?
LOL either a typical plot hole or that evil is more powerful than the protective barrier around Hope's home.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 04-01-2017 at 02:05 PM Reason: clarify