View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 01:37 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
And again, had it been a 16 old girl and 20 year old man, I mean, how would that have gone over on not only the show with Andy, but with the general audience?
Exactly. I don't like the double standard at all. Ephram was extremely vulnerable and fragile during this time period, too. He's still mourning the loss of his mom, still adjusting a bit to his new surroundings, hurt over the fact that he can't be with Amy. It certainly doesn't matter that he's a guy and not a girl. It doesn't matter whether it's a 16-year-old girl or a 16-year-old boy. That 20 year old is an adult and it's simply not right

Quote:
Thank you . And I believe you, I think they didnt want EA to interact because they were intending to stall that storyline again but man, a few scenes here and there would have been nice.
Totally. It's really tough watching most of season two due to the lack of Ephram/Amy scenes. The payoff is great at the end of season 2 but like you said, we could have received more scenes before this time. I think one theme of the season is "the wrong significant others" for three main characters in Andy, Ephram, and Amy. Linda, Madison and Tommy weren't the right ones for them and Berlanti played this up. Even so, Ephram/Amy are a significant part of the show... even THE heart of the show. We should have gotten more scenes between them.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote