View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:10 AM
lianamed
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming_essa (View Post)
Since I can't have the OQ I wanted, can I please have this as a spin off?

ETA: Several rants and a full 24 hours later and I finally no longer feel like I want to either scream or cry. This is progress.
Well, at least I must say they caught the RH/EQ dynamic from season 3 right (the one in FB). Wish Robin was in true sass form with the EQ, and the chemistry was off the charts.

It made me both happy and sad at the same time, because I kept thinking why they took this away from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I have to agree. OQ is clearly dismounted and over. Regina has no other story foundation except to share scenes with either Henry or the rest of the Charmings. Which says very little since it doesn't sound like even the Charming family|Snowing has much material to work with, lol.
This is also a huge problem, IMO. Apparently, the idea is that "she doesn't need a romantic partner", which would be perfectly ok, if she had a job and a lifeof her own, but that's not the case here. She has one son, who will grow old and leave her, as sons do. And after Henry leaves, what then? And why exactly she *has* to be the one to show the world women *can be alone if they choose to* when she actually never made that choice to begin with? Regina didn't choose to be alone, because she "doesn't need a partner to be happy". Fate made that choice for her, by killing every single person she fell in love with.

By the end of the day, the message we are getting is: "Don't fall in love and fight for it to work if fate is telling you are meant to be alone forever. If you do, you will only have heartbreak. So, close yourself and don't take risks. Love is not worth the inevitable heartbreak." I mean, after what happened, everyone would choose to be alone, right? If whenever you fall in love the person you fall in love with dies, it's best to be alone then to give someone a death sentence.

Last edited by lianamed; 04-01-2017 at 02:27 PM